Thursday, April 15, 2010

And my heart cries out Hosanna..

So today I spent time with a good friend Kristina who's a dorm over from me. We went to town to buy things for a collage only to find out we had everything we needed back on campus. So we decided to make ourselves feel better by buying ice cream. Mint chocolate chip for Kristina and Dutch chocolate for me.

Did we need it?
Yes! Okay. Maybe no. But, who cares?

So we bought the ice cream! HOORAY!
We sat on the sidewalk in front of both our dorms and ate our ice cream and talked. Then she sat with me while I made my collage for our Womanhood 101 class. How fun, right? RIGHT!

I missed Prayer Culture tonight but only to worship with my girls over in N9!! It was so nice to get lost in the spirit and be completely led by Him. Oh, how I love Him. Thank you John Mark McMillan for that song. I love Him!!

Got back to my room to get a word from my SA Sarah. She's beautiful. Apparently, God wanted me to know that I am too. He had scripture for me and I felt led to tell the world that man's opinion NO LONGER MATTERS! I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Hello. Fearfully. I fear God and through that fear I have for him, I've been given confidence and an inner beauty that I couldn't receive from anyone or get anywhere else. I'm praising Him for the word He laid on Sarah's heart and for her to be so in tune with Him! I needed to hear those words. Like honey dripping from unseen lips. His lips. How encouraged I felt a little less than 30 minutes ago. Encouraging words to fill my heart tonight.
A hopeful conversation with Sarah.
A helpful word to light my life.
A beautiful God to give it all.

How could I be Vicky without Him? Without Him, I am nothing. Please don't think you're anything without Him. You aren't. I'm not. We aren't. Without Him, I'm just natural. But like Mrs. Rachel says "God's super, we're natural and put us together we're SUPERNATURAL!" and Oh, how I love Him!!

To all of you girls who care about what man's opinion is. DON'T! Man's opinon doesn't get us anywhere. Fleshly beauty FADES. It doesn't last and it won't get us anywhere eternally. Gain a fear of God and your inner beauty will flourish and you'll have an abundance of confidence and you'll realize just how beautiful you are and how great HIS affections are for us. His affections are all that matter. No one elses.

I love you all! You're beautiful! I think so and so does HE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment